- About: COMEDK 2018 is a private examination held annually for entrance to Engineering, Dental and Medical colleges across Karnataka.
- Abbreviation: COMEDK is an abbreviation for Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges, Karnataka.
- Grandiosity: COMEDK has been serving around 190 Engineering Colleges of Karnataka under the umbrella of Association of Medical, Dental and Engineering Colleges (AMDEC) run by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation (KPCF) Trust.
- Role as an entrance exam: COMEDK is the gateway for more than 2,00,000 students to gain admission to about 181 colleges (14 Medical, 25 Dental, and 150 Engineering).
- Courses offered by the exam: Courses under COMEDK 2018 include B.Arch, B.Tech, BDS, and MBBS. COMEDK is also considered for some Homoeopathy, Ayurveda and Physiotherapy courses.
- Two different entrance exam: The Association conducts 2 versions of COMEDK 2018 – one is the UGET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) and PGET (Postgraduate Entrance Test). The PGET test determines admissions into Master’s degree courses like MD, MS, MDS, MPT, M.Tech, M.Arch etc.
- Separate process: The tests are conducted separately and the procedure for counselling and admission are also conducted separately.
- Level: It is a state level exam which is open for candidates from all over India, who wish to join any of the above courses in Karnataka.
- Exam held: The exam is generally conducted in the month of May after the academic term of 10+2 or equivalent courses have ended.
- Admissions to the students: COMEDK is the largest private board of examinations in Karnataka. It allows the admission of locals, people from outside Karnataka as well as foreign students.
COMEDK 2018 Schedule:
- Application Date: Start date for registration and issue of online Application form for COMEDK UGET 2018 starts on 18th February.
- Admit Card: COMEDK 2018 Admit Card will be issued on May 1st.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Important Dates click here.
COMEDK 2018 Eligibility:
- Minimum qualification: The candidates must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized education board to be eligible for COMEDK UGET 2018.
- Minimum marks: In order to appear for COMEDK 2018, the candidate must have cleared the qualifying examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in the Science, Mathematics, and English subjects. 10% relaxation is given to SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Eligibility click here.
COMEDK 2018 Registration:
- Official website: Candidates who wish to attempt the COMEDK 2018 UGET exam must go to the application portal to submit a “Request for Application” with name, gender, email ID, contact number, date of birth.
- ID Proof: The candidates must also submit one scanned copy of an original government assigned ID – Passport/Driving License/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card etc. and give the original Unique ID number for reference and personal verification.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Registration click here.
COMEDK 2018 Exam Centres:
- All India: Despite being conducted in many locations in Karnataka, the COMEDK UGET 2018 is also conducted in many centres across India.
- Changes: COMEDK reserves the right to make any changes or cancellations regarding the same.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Exam centres click here.
COMEDK 2018 Admit Card:
- Availability of admit card: The COMEDK 2018 UGET Admit card will be available on the official website after 20th April.
- Carry necessary document: The candidates would not be allowed to appear for the COMEDK UGET 2018 exam unless they carry all the required documents and their Admit Card.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Admit Card click here.
COMEDK 2018 Exam Pattern:
- The number of questions: The COMEDK UGET 2018 exam has 60 questions in each section and the candidates have 60 minutes to answer them.
- Marks: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there is no negative marking in COMEDK UGET.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Exam Pattern click here.
COMEDK 2018 Syllabus:
- Subjects: The COMEDK 2018 UGET syllabus is slightly advanced from the syllabus studied in the PU exams, for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Medical/Engineering: The candidates who are interested in both medical and engineering admissions is required to take up all the subjects in COMEDK 2018.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Syllabus click here.
COMEDK 2018 Results:
- Availability of results: The COMEDK 2018 would be conducted in the month of May and the results would be announced in Phase – 1 (end of May) and the rank/merit list would be published in June, commencing the subsequent rounds of counselling and admissions.
- Credentials: The candidate would be asked to enter the required credentials such as their username, password, register number, date of birth etc.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Results click here.
COMEDK 2018 Counselling:
- Eligible criteria: The candidates have to clear their 10 and +2 or equivalent examination as well as their COMEDK UGET 2018 to be eligible for COMEDK counselling.
- Waiting list: Candidates who appear for the first round of counselling but do not get admission to the college/course of their choice may be admitted to another college and be placed on the waiting list until the subsequent counselling rounds are finished.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Counselling click here.
COMEDK 2018 Contact Details:
#37, 1st Floor, Ramanashree Chambers
Lady Curzon Road, Bangalore – 560 001.
080-41132810 (4 Lines)
(9:30 am to 6:00 pm – Monday to Friday)
(9:30 am to 1:30 pm – Saturdays)
Not available on Sundays and other public holidays