COMEDK 2018 Introduction:
- About: COMEDK stands for “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental College of Karnataka”. It is conducted for granting admissions in Engineering, Medical and Dental colleges across Karnataka.
- Colleges: COMEDK has been serving 16 Medical, 24 Dental and around 190 Engineering Colleges of Karnataka under the umbrella of Association of Medical, Dental and Engineering Colleges (AMDEC) run by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation (KPCF) Trust.
- Courses Offered: The candidates can pursue B.Arch, B.Tech, BDS, and MBBS courses through the exam. COMEDK 2018 Medical is also considered for some Homoeopathy, Ayurveda and Physiotherapy courses.
- Exam Variants: The Association conducts 2 variants of COMEDK – one is the COMEDK UGET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) and the other is COMEDK PGET (Postgraduate Entrance Test). The PGET is conducted for granting admissions into Master’s degree courses like MD, MS, MDS, MPT, M.Tech, M.Arch etc. These tests are conducted separately and the procedure for counselling and admission are also carried separately.
- Level: COMEDK is a state level exam. Candidates from all over India can appear for the exam.
- Responsibility: The autonomous COMEDK was given the responsibility to organize the testing procedures to determine the merit of aspiring candidates in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative procedure by KPCF (Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation–Medical & Dental) and KUPECA (Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association).
- COMEDK 2018 Answer Key: The answer key will be available on the official website for the candidates to estimate their marks.
COMEDK 2018 Schedule:
- COMEDK 2018 Registration: The application process for the exam started from 16th January 2018.
- COMEDK 2018 Application Form Last Date: The Last Date to submit the Application form and to make the Online Payment was 19th April 2018.
- Admit Card: COMEDK 2018 Admit Cards or Hall Tickets were issued on Friday, 4th May 2018.
- COMEDK 2018 Exam Date: The UGET Engineering Entrance Exam was conducted on Sunday, 13th May 2018.
- COMEDK 2018 Results: The Scorecards or Results will be available online from Monday, 28th May 2018.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Important Dates, click here.
COMEDK 2018 Eligibility:
- Minimum Qualification: The candidates must have completed their PUC or its equivalent examination from a recognized education board (State/Government) to be eligible for COMEDK 2018.
- Minimum Marks: The applicants must have cleared the qualifying examination with a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC, ST and OBC hopefuls of Karnataka State). They must also pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics separately.
Diploma Holders: Diploma candidates are not eligible for the exam as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- Course: There eligibility criteria is different for different courses like Engineering and Architecture. The candidates applying for Architecture course should have qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2018.
- To know more about COMEDK 2018 Eligibility Criteria, click here.
COMEDK 2018 Application Process:
- Availability: The Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must visit the COMEDK 2018 official website to fill the application form.
- Payment: The Application form fee for the candidates who want to attempt COMEDK for three subjects is INR 1300 and for the students who wish attempt both COMEDK and UniGAUGE is INR 2000.
- ID Proof: The candidates have to submit one scanned copy of an original government assigned ID proof- Passport/Driving License/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card etc. and give the Unique ID number for reference and personal verification.
Application Form Correction: Once the candidate submits the Application Form, the request for any change in the details entered in the application form will not be entertained. The candidates must be careful while filling the COMEDK 2018 Online Application Form.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Registration procedure click here.
COMEDK 2018 Exam Centres:
- Number Of Centres: The exam is conducted across 300 centres in India.
Allocation: The COMEDK 2018 centres are allotted on the basis of first come first serve. The COMEDK 2018 hall tickets will contain the details regarding the exam centre.
- Changes: The centres chosen by the candidate cannot be changed later under any circumstances.
- To know more about COMEDK 2018 Exam centres, click here.
COMEDK 2018 Admit Card:
- Availability: The Admit Cards were released on Friday, 4th May 2018.
- Mandatory Document: The candidates would not be allowed to appear for the exam if they do not carry their COMEDK 2018 hall ticket to the Exam centre.
Signature: Candidates have to ensure that the invigilator of their respective Exam centre signs their Admit Card.
- COMEDK UGET 2018 Admit Card Download: The candidates have to download the admit card through the online portal i.e. from the COMEDK 2018 website. The admit cards will not be sent to any candidate via post/ courier/ email or in person.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Admit Card, click here.
COMEDK 2018 Exam Pattern:
- Number of Questions: The COMEDK 2018 question paper consists of 180 questions. All questions carry equal marks. The total number of marks for the examination is 180.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response. There is no negative marking in the exam. Attempting all the questions will be beneficial for the candidates in order to score good marks.
- Question Type: The Question Paper is of objective type. All candidates have to sit for the Physics and Chemistry paper while Engineering course applicants are required to take the Mathematics paper and the MBBS/BDS applicants are required to take the Biology paper.
- Medium: The exam will be conducted in English language only.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Exam Pattern click here.
COMEDK 2018 Syllabus:
- Topics: The COMEDK 2018 syllabus includes the topics related to Class 11th and 12th Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Medical/Engineering: The candidates who are interested in both medical and engineering admissions have to prepare for all the subjects in the Exam.
- Reference: Candidates must refer to the COMEDK 2018 reference books and Sample papers for better preparation.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 official Syllabus, click here.
COMEDK 2018 Results:
- COMEDK 2018 Result Date: The results will be announced on 28th May 2018. The COMEDK 2018 cutoff and the rank/merit list will be published in June for COMEDK 2018 counselling and admissions.
- Credentials: In order to check the result the candidates have to enter the required credentials like their username, password, COMEDK 2018 registration number, date of birth etc.
- COMEDK 2018 Counselling: The candidates must keep the scorecard safe as they have to carry the same for the counselling process.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Results, click here.
COMEDK 2018 Counselling:
- Counselling Date: The Counselling will begin from 14th June 2018. All eligible candidates are expected to attend the counselling process.
- Eligibility criteria: The candidates have to clear their PUC or equivalent examination as well as COMEDK to be eligible for counselling.
- Waiting list: Candidates who appear for the first round of counselling but do not get admission to the college/course of their choice may be admitted to another college and be placed on the waiting list until the subsequent counselling rounds are finished.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Counselling, click here.
COMEDK 2018 Instructions:
Candidates must note the Instructions listed below.
- Applicants should report to the COMEDK 2018 exam centres 2 hours (120 minutes) before the commencement of the test (8:00 AM).
- The examination hall will be opened for the candidates 1 hour before the exam time.
- The candidates are expected to take their seats immediately. On demand, the candidates will have to show their original online Admit Card and the unique photo ID which was mentioned in the COMEDK 2018 Application Form.
- The candidates are asked to find and occupy their allocated seat by looking for his/her Admit Card number in the examination hall. If the candidate is found writing the test from the place which is not being allocated to him/her, the candidate’s examination will be cancelled.
- The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9:30 AM to take the test under any circumstances.
- Aspirants must not bring any sort of computational gadgets, Bluetooth gadgets, any electronic devices, etc to the COMEDK 2018 exam centres.
- The candidates must not bring any literary material, printed or composed, bits of papers, any electronic device except the COMEDK 2018 hall ticket, 2 Recent identification measure photos and unique picture ID as specified in Application Form.
- If the candidate does not show up on the exam date for any reason, they will not be considered under any condition.
- It is compulsory for the aspirant to bring his/her 2 recent passport size colour photographs (the same which was uploaded to the application). Candidates must mention his/her name and Admit Card number on the back side of the photograph.
- The biometric recording will be done during the test session and the applicants are required to participate in it.
- The Aspirants are not permitted to leave the exam hall for any reason in the middle of the test.
- Candidates cannot leave the examination hall before his /her session is complete.
Grounds for Dismissal in COMEDK 2018:
The COMEDK 2018 test administrator is authorized to dismiss a candidate from the exam session for the following reasons:
- Attempting to take the test for someone else (Impersonation).
- Failing to provide the unique identity proof when asked for.
- Creating disturbance at the test venue.
- Giving or receiving unauthorized help.
- Using any forbidden / unauthorized testing aids, such as personal computational devices, Bluetooth devices, Cell phones, any electronic gadgets etc.,
- Leaving the test centre before the allotted time.
- Refusing to follow the directions as announced by the invigilators.
- Photographic mismatch/photographs older than three months/smudged/hazy photograph will result in disqualification of the candidates.
- If the candidate has any criminal records or associated with ragging, as characterized by the concerned administrative specialists, they won’t be permitted to take the exam. The UGC regulations on controlling the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions issued in April 2009 are available on the COMEDK website separately.
COMEDK 2018 Guidelines for Computer Based Test:
- The countdown timer will display the remaining time available to complete the exam to the candidates.
- Question palette displayed on the right side of each candidate’s screen will show the status of each question.
- The candidates can easily navigate to any question by clicking on the question number in the question palette.
- The candidates can mark a question for review and then come back to it for saving the correct option.
- The candidates can view the answering status for a section by placing the mouse over the name of the section.
- The candidates can click on the question paper button to view all the questions.
- The candidates can shuffle between different sections and change the optional sections any number of times in case all subjects.
- Each correct answer is awarded one mark.
- There will be no Negative Marking.
- A merit/rank card is generated based on the candidate’s score in entrance test only. This rank card is the basis for participation in the seat selection process (counselling) later.
COMEDK 2018 Contact Details:
Address: #37, 1st Floor, Ramanashree Chambers, Lady Curzon Road, Bangalore – 560 001.
Telephone: Phone Number: 080-41132810 (Not available on Sundays and other public holidays)