Introduction to COMEDK 2018:
- About: COMEDK 2018 is “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental College of Karnataka” – an autonomous institution consisting of senior academicians and the reputed administrative officer who has been associated with educational eco-system.
- This autonomous COMEDK has entrusted the responsibility to organize testing procedures to determine the merit of aspiring students in an effective, fair, transparent and non-exploitative procedure by KPCF (Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation–Medical & Dental) and KUPECA (Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association).
- It’s a private examination held annually at the entrance to Engineering, Medical and Dental colleges across Karnataka.
Karnataka has been pioneers in establishing premier professional higher educational institutions, still continues to be the most sought-after destination for students who seek quality in established colleges.
Subsequent to the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) being mandated as the only entrance exam for admission to Medical and Dental courses in the country.
- Grandiosity: COMEDK has been serving around 190 Engineering Colleges of Karnataka under the umbrella of Association of Medical, Dental and Engineering Colleges (AMDEC) run by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation (KPCF) Trust.
- Role as an entrance exam: COMEDK is the gateway for more than 2,00,000 students to gain admission to about 181 colleges (16 Medical, 24 Dental, and 190 Engineering).
- Courses offered by the exam: Courses under COMEDK 2018 include B.Arch, B.Tech, BDS, and MBBS. COMEDK is also considered for some Homoeopathy, Ayurveda and Physiotherapy courses.
- Two different entrance exam: The Association conducts 2 versions of COMEDK 2018 – one is the UGET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) and PGET (Postgraduate Entrance Test). The PGET test determines admissions into Master’s degree courses like MD, MS, MDS, MPT, M.Tech, M.Arch etc.
- Separate process: The tests are conducted separately and the procedure for counselling and admission are also conducted separately.
- Level: It is a state level exam which is open for candidates from all over India, who wish to join any of the above courses in Karnataka.
- Exam held: The exam is generally conducted in the month of May after the academic term of 10+2 or equivalent courses have ended.
- Admissions to the students: COMEDK is the largest private board of examinations in Karnataka. It allows the admission of locals, people from outside Karnataka as well as foreign students.
COMEDK 2018 Schedule:
- Application Date: Registration start date and an issue of online Application form for COMEDK 2018 start on Monday, 16th January 2018.
- Admit Card: COMEDK 2018 Admit Card will be issued on Friday, 4th May 2018.
- Results: COMEDK 2018 Test Score cards made available online to the candidates from Monday, 28th May 2018.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Important Dates click here.
COMEDK 2018 Eligibility:
- Minimum qualification: The candidates must have completed their PUC or equivalent examination from a recognized education board to reach the eligible for COMEDK 2018.
- Minimum marks: In order to appear for COMEDK 2018, the candidate must have cleared the qualifying examination with at least 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) should pass the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry and with one optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
Diploma candidates are not eligible for the COMEDK 2018 as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Eligibility Criteria click here.
COMEDK 2018 Registration:
- Official website: Candidates who wish to attempt the COMEDK 2018 exam must go to the application portal to submit a “Request for Application” with the candidate’s Name, Gender, Email ID, Contact Number, Date of Birth.
- ID Proof: The candidates must also submit one scanned copy of an original government assigned ID – Passport/Driving License/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card etc. and give the original Unique ID number for reference and personal verification.
Once the candidate submits the application form in online, the request for any change in the details entered in the application form will NOT be entertained; so, the candidates should be careful while filling the Online Application Form.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Registration procedure click here.
COMEDK 2018 Exam Centres:
- All India: Despite being conducted in many locations in Karnataka, the COMEDK 2018 is also conducted in many centers across India.
The test cities will be allotted to on the basis of first come first serve. However, COMEDK reserves the right to allow any other test city other than the city chosen by the candidate.
- Changes: The option of city chosen by the candidate cannot be changed subsequently under
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Exam centers click here.
COMEDK 2018 Admit Card:
- Availability of admit card: The COMEDK 2018 Admit card will be available on the official website on Friday, 4th May 2018.
- Carry necessary document: The candidates would not be allowed to appear for the COMEDK UGET 2018 exam unless they carry all the required documents and their Admit Card.
Candidates have to ensure that the invigilator of their respective Exam center signs the Admit Card.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Admit Card click here.
COMEDK 2018 Exam Pattern:
- The number of questions: The COMEDK 2018 exam has 180 questions. Total 180 marks would be awarded.
- Marks: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there is no negative marking in COMEDK 2018.
However, in the event of a tie-breaking in the test score, the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adapted to break ties.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Exam Pattern click here.
COMEDK 2018 Syllabus:
- Topics: The candidates can expect the questions for COMEDK 2018 from the topics that are included in the existing Class 11 and 12 Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Medical/Engineering: The candidates who are interested in both medical and engineering admissions is required to take up all the subjects in COMEDK 2018.
- Reference: Candidates can refer to the reference books and Sample papers by clicking here.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Syllabus click here.
COMEDK 2018 Results:
- Availability of results: The COMEDK 2018 would be conducted in the month of May and the results would be announced in Phase – 1 (end of May) and the rank/merit list would be published in June, commencing the subsequent rounds of counselling and admissions.
- Credentials: The candidate would be asked to enter the required credentials such as their username, password, register number, date of birth etc.
- It is important for the candidates to carry the result/rank card for the COMEDK 2018 counselling process.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Results click here.
COMEDK 2018 Counselling:
- Counselling Date: The counselling of COMEDK 2018 begins on 14th June 2018. All eligible candidates are expected to attend the counselling process.
- Eligible criteria: The candidates have to clear their PUC or equivalent examination as well as their COMEDK 2018 to be eligible for COMEDK counselling.
- Waiting list: Candidates who appear for the first round of counselling but do not get admission to the college/course of their choice may be admitted to another college and be placed on the waiting list until the subsequent counselling rounds are finished.
- To know more about the COMEDK 2018 Counselling click here.
Instructions for COMEDK 2018:
Candidates must note the Instructions listed below.
- Applicants should report 2 hours (120 minutes) before the commencement of the test (8:00 AM) for COMEDK 2018.
- Prior to 1 hour (60minutes) before the exam, the examination hall will be opened for the candidates.
- The candidates are expected to take their seats immediately. On demand, the candidates are asked to show their original online Admit Card and the unique photo ID which was mentioned in the Application Form.
- In the examintestation lobby, the candidate is asked to find and occupy his/her allocated seat by searching his/her Admit Card number. If the candidate is found writing the test from the place which is not being allocated him/her, the candidate’s examination will be cancelled.
- After 9:30 AM candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall to take the test under any circumstances.
- Aspirants are prompted not to a convey any sort of individual computational gadgets, Bluetooth gadgets, PDAs, any electronic devices and so forth to the examination focus in light of the fact that the specialist won’t be at risk for any things get missing.
- Hopefuls must not convey any literary material, printed or composed, bits of papers, any electronic devices aside from the Online Test Admission Ticket, 2 Recent identification measure photo, unique picture ID as specified in COMEDK 2018 Application Form/Admit Card.
- For the individuals who can’t show up on the planned date of the examination for any reason, reconsideration should not be held by COMEDK 2018 under any conditions.
- It is compulsory for the aspirant to bring his/her 2 recent passport size colour photograph (the same which was uploaded to the application) during the running. Candidates must mention his/her name and Admit Card number on the back side of the photograph.
- The biometric recording will be done previously and amid the test session (at the watchfulness of COMEDK 2018) and the applicants are required to participate.
- The Aspirants are not permitted to leave the lobby for any reason amid the test term and any endeavor for this benefit is dealt with as one of the justifications for rejection.
- Candidates cannot leave the examination hall before his /her session is complete on the exam day.
Grounds for Dismissal in COMEDK 2018:
The COMEDK 2018 test administrator is authorized to dismiss a candidate from an exam session for the following reasons.
- Attempting to take the test for someone else (Impersonation).
- Failing to provide the unique identity proof when asked for.
- Creating disturbance at the test venue.
- Giving or receiving unauthorized help.
- Using any for-bidden / unauthorized testing aids, such as personal computational devices, Bluetooth devices, Cell phones, any electronic gadgets etc.,
- Leaving the test center before the alloted time.
- Refusing to follow the directions as announced by the invigilators etc.,
- Photographic mismatch/photographs older than three months/smudged/hazy photograph will result in disqualification of the candidates.
- If the candidates having a past history of criminal records or having involved in ragging, as defined by the concerned regulatory authorities, they will not be allowed to take the entrance test and at the same time if it is established of the above offenses subsequently, such candidates even if selected would be debarred from further pursuing a course.
- The UGC regulations on curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions issued in April 2009 are available on the COMEDK website (www.comedk.org) separately.
- failure to comply with the test procedures and regulations or with the test administrators directions can result in COMEDK taking actions that include, but are not limited to, barring candidates from future testing and/or cancelling the test scores. No results would be announced for the debarred candidates.
Guidelines for COMEDK 2018 Computer Based Test:
- The countdown timer will display in the examination hall to know the remaining time available to complete the exam to the candidates.
- Question palette displayed on the right side of each candidate’s screen it will show the status of each question.
- You can easily navigate to any question by clicking on the question number in the question palette.
- You can mark a question for review and then come back to it for saving the correct option.
- You can view the answering status for a section by placing the mouse over the name of the section.
- You can click on the question paper button to view all the questions.
- You can shuffle between different sections and change the optional sections any number of times in case all subjects.
- Mock Test: In order to know the pieces of information to the students on the online (computer-based test), an opportunity in the form of Mock Test will be made available on our website as per the Important Dates.
- Each correct answer is awarded one mark.
- There will be no Negative Marking.
- A merit/rank card is generated based on the candidate’s score in entrance test only. This rank card is the basis for participation in the seat selection process (counselling) later.
COMEDK 2018 Contact Details:
#37, 1st Floor, Ramanashree Chambers
Lady Curzon Road, Bangalore – 560 001.
080-41132810 (4 Lines)
(9:30 am to 6:00 pm – Monday to Friday)
(9:30 am to 1:30 pm – Saturdays)
Not available on Sundays and other public holidays.