XAT 2019 Results
The XAT 2019 Results would be declared tentatively in the first week of February 2019. The result is to be announced as a scorecard and sectional, as well as the overall score, mentioned in it. XLRI will also send the hardcopy of Results to the candidates’ registered address. To point out, a candidate can check the results by his/her XAT ID and Password online. The result should be preserved till the admission gets over.
Follow the instructions to view the XAT 2019 Results-
- Visit the official website and click on the results link
- Enter your login details, registration number, and date of birth and click on submit
- Finally, print the displayed result for future reference
XAT stands for Xavier’s Entrance Test. Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) conducts XAT entrance examination every year. XAT is accepted by some of the top B-schools in India, apart from Xavier’s Labour Relation Institute (XLRI). It is considered as a prestigious exam and its difficulty level matches that of the Common Admission Test (CAT). However, candidates can get through the difficult questions and answer all of them to score great marks. It is thus, advised that candidates should go through the XAT Reference Books for proper guidance.
XAT 2019 Counselling
The selection procedure for XAT 2019 Counselling will take place after the declaration of the results. However, its important for the candidates to know, that the selection process may vary from B-School to B-School. XAT Counselling is a two-step process. In the first place, the candidate waits for the result and cut-off. Then the qualifying candidates are called for the Writing Ability Test (WAT) and PI. Students. However, have to register for the Counselling process.
The registration for counselling are likewise in 3 steps-
- Registration for Counselling & Fee Payment
- Choice of Institute and Locking
- Final Seat allotment
Point often overlooked, candidates need to carry Photocopy and Original of the XAT 2019 Admit Card and XAT 2019 & all academic Scorecards for the XAT 2019 Counselling.
XAT 2019 Important Result Dates
|Events for XAT 2019||XAT 2019 Dates|
|Starting Date for XAT 2019 Online Registration||16th August 2018|
|Closing Date for XAT 2019 Online Registration (Without Late Fee)||30th November 2018|
|Closing Date for XAT 2019 Online Registration (With late Fee)||30th November 2018|
|Availability of XAT 2019 Admit Card||20th December 2018|
|XAT 2019 Exam||6th January 2019|
|Mailing of XAT 2019 Score Card||31st January 2019|
|XAT 2019 Counselling Process||12th February 2019|
XAT 2019 Eligibility
To enumerate, candidates aspiring to appear for XAT should complete a minimum 3 years’ Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, from a recognized university, with minimum 50% marks. For candidates from Reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PwD) should have a minimum mark of 45%. Non-Resident Indian (NRI) candidates are indeed eligible to apply on the basis of their GMAT scorecard. However, there is no restriction of age for this examination. Candidates pursuing the final year of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
Appearing for this examination requires utmost dedication, practice & sincerity. After CAT, XAT has emerged to be the second most popular test for MBA aspirants. XAT measures the eligibility of candidates to shortlist for various management courses. XAT is organized at more than 47 test centres in India and 2 centres abroad. To demonstrate, the abroad test centres are at Dubai and Kathmandu.
XAT 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The XAT 2019 exam will be in Offline (pen & paper) mode. The examination is specifically divided into two parts – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I consists of 72 questions, whereas Paper II consists of 25 questions and 1 essay topic. In detail, the duration allowed is 170 minutes for Paper I and 35 minutes for Paper II. Paper I comprises of Decision making (24 Ques), Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (27 Ques), and Verbal & Logical Ability (21 Ques). Paper II comprises of General Knowledge and Essay – one topic, in particular.
The syllabus for XAT 2019 comprises of various topics-
- Decision Making: Conditions and Grouping Test; Data Arrangement Test; Complex Arrangement; Decision Making in a situation; Case Lets; etc.
- Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning & Reading Comprehension : Jumbled Paragraphs; Completion of sentences & paragraphs; Correction of errors in sentences, correct use of words; English Vocabulary based questions; Analogy; Clocks; calendars; Fact; Inference; Judgement; binary logic; seating arrangement; blood relations; logical sequence; assumption; premise; conclusion among others.
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation : Data Tables & charts; Bar Diagrams; Pie-charts; Graphs; Binomial theorem; Venn diagram; Linear & Quadratic Equations; Number system; Profit & loss; etc.
- General Knowledge and Essay writing (topics): National and International current affairs; Economics; Finance; Business & Economy; Who’s who; Books & Authors; Capitals & Currencies.
XAT 2019 Application Details
Candidates can register for XAT by filling the online form and straightaway making the payment. The management aspirants can get the application form explicitly, on the official website of XAT 2019. In fact, a candidate should look at all the eligibility criteria and then apply for XAT 2019.
The steps to specifically fill the XAT 2019 Application form :
XAT 2019 Reference Books
Few of the XAT Reference books and magazines, that candidates should specifically read for proper guidance :
- Koncepts of Numbers by Gajendra Kumar
- Quantitative aptitude Quantum XAT by Sarvesh K Verma
- Analytical Reasoning& Logical Reasoning: by Peeyush Bhardwaj
- Quantitative aptitude for XAT by Arun Sharma
- Verbal Ability & Comprehension for XAT 2nd ed. by Bharat Patodi
- Business World
- Competition Success
XAT 2019 Admit Cards & Exam Centres
XAT last year was conducted at various exam centres across 47 cities in India and 2 international locations, namely Dubai and Kathmandu. This year for XAT 2019, by and large, the number of exam centres are expected to remain the same.
The XAT 2019 Admit Cards will be available for the candidates who had filled the application form successfully. The successful submission of the application includes successful payment made straightaway. Candidates need to download their Admit cards from the official website of XAT 2019, i.e., www.xatonline.in.
Follow the instructions to download the XAT 2019 Admit Cards-
- In the first place, visit the official website and click on the admit card link
- Then, log-in with your username and password and click on submit
- Finally, download and print the displayed admit card