About Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, DMCH Ludhiana
Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, DMCH Ludhiana is a tertiary care teaching hospital in North of India. It has 1326 beds out of which 800 beds are for teaching purpose. Moreover, DMCH Ludhiana has a complex of modern buildings; it has all kinds of modern equipment with which helps in providing excellent training to the students. It also helps in providing better care to the patients. All the departments on the campus including diagnostic labs provide round-the-clock services.
Furthermore, the college got its motivation from Dr. Banarsi Dass Soni. He had the zeal for medical education and patient care. The idea was to provide medical care to the general public. Moreover, the Medical Council of India recognises the MBBS course along with various other specialty courses from this college. Further, this college has an affiliation with the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab. This was the first hospital in Punjab to set up the dialysis unit in 1980. Management of all the disciplines is done by highly qualified doctors. Also, it is the only Institution in India that has the facility of a unique technique of external fixators.
Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, DMCH Ludhiana Admissions
The Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, DMCH Ludhiana Admissions, has an intake of 100 students per year, for the MBBS course. These seats are distributed among Government and Management quota.
Guidelines for Candidates
- Candidates are required to get eligibility certificate after the declaration of NEET result from BFUHS, Faridkot.
- After appearing in NEET, the candidate must apply to BFUHS Faridkot. After that, attend counseling, if selected for admission.
- In order to get the admission, the candidate must get the prospectus and fill the application form. Then the candidate must get a demand draft (DD) equivalent to the amount to the prospectus fee or pay cash at the cash counter. The DD must be payable at Ludhiana and in favor of “Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana”.
DMCH Ludhiana Facilities
DMCH is a residential institution. It is compulsory for all the undergraduates to stay in the hostel. Each room is furnished with a mattress, a table, a chair, etc., for each student. However, there are special rooms in boys hostel with attached washroom and hot water facilities. Also, there is a dining hall with a modern kitchen. Moreover, the mess provides hygienic food to the students. It also provides vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. However, it is compulsory for all the residents of the hostel to dine in the mess. Moreover, at the girl’s hostel, there is a beauty salon.
The Institute provides computers to all the departments. The whole college and also the library has the internet facility. Moreover, the labs have modern computers.
Library and Reading Rooms
The library has more than 16,000 text and reference books. It has also many subscriptions to journals. Importantly, the library provides medical facilities for both students and faculty. It also provides internet facility.
There are facilities for football, cricket, basketball, etc. The campus has many field and courts for various sports. Moreover, it has an active cricket team. Also, both the hostel has gymnasiums for the students.
DMCH Ludhiana Contact Details
- Address: Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Tagore Nagar, Civil Lines, Ludhiana, Punjab, India – 141001
- Telephone: +91 161 4686600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com