COMEDK 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- COMEDK 2019 Registration: Only eligible candidates according to the COMEDK 2019 Eligibility Criteria can fill the COMEDK 2019 application form.
- Minimum qualification: The candidates must have completed their PUC or its equivalent examination from a recognized education board to satisfy the COMEDK 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
- Candidates Awaiting Results: Candidates who have written their qualifying exam and are waiting for their results are also eligible to apply for COMDEK 2019. They must qualify their class 12th exam. If they don’t, then they will not be considered eligible for the exam.
- Minimum marks: In order to appear for COMEDK 2019, the candidates must have cleared the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Science, Mathematics, and English subjects. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Caste (OBC) candidates have 10% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
|General||50%||English, Mathematics, Science|
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40%||English, Mathematics, Science|
COMEDK 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Engineering:
- Subjects: The candidates must have passed in individual subjects to meet the COMEDK Eligibility Criteria 2019. If not, they must clear the supplementary examination for the same.
- Aggregate Marks: The candidates applying for COMEDK 2019 must have completed their 10+2 exam from a recognized board. The candidates must have scored a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC category students in Karnataka).
- Compulsory Subjects: Physics, Mathematics, and English are compulsory subjects to appear for the COMEDK 2019 Exam while Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology or any other technical vocational course is considered as the elective subject.
- Diploma Candidates: The COMEDK 2019 Exam does not have any provision for the lateral entry. Hence, the Diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for the COMEDK 2019. Diploma students will have a separate gateway of admission for the respective courses.
- Note: During the COMEDK 2019 Counselling, the candidates should submit the original mark sheet of the COMEDK Examination for proving their eligibility.
COMEDK 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Architecture:
- Minimum marks: The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks both in Mathematics and English in the PUC (or equivalent)/ qualifying examination.
- Separate application form: The candidates who are applying for admissions in the B.Arch course will be submitting a separate COMEDK 2019 application form for counselling as per the notification on COMEDK 2019 website with their 10+2/equivalent mark sheets and NATA scores.
- Ranking procedure: There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course. Rankings will be declared on the basis of NATA performance.
- Diploma Candidates: The candidates having 10+3 diploma with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% in case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka state) are eligible for the COMEDK 2019 admissions to B.Arch.
- NATA Marks: The candidates must have appeared and scored a minimum of 80 marks out of 200 marks in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council Of Architecture for general as well as reserved category students, to satisfy the COMEDK UGET 2019 Eligibility criteria.
- Rank Card: Rank Card will be generated only for those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission to Under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of AICTE / VTU.
- Note: The candidates who do not satisfy the COMEDK 2019 eligibility criteria mentioned as above, if any changes, effected by AICTE, VTU, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities before the start of the COMEDK 2019 rank generation process shall be adopted once the necessary changes have been made. No changes will be made after generating the ranks that were already mentioned in COMEDK 2019 eligibility criteria.
COMEDK 2019 Eligibility Criteria Status:
- Caste/Religion: The Candidates are classified as General Merit and Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes (On Karnataka Basis) or those belonging to Tulu / Christian minority communities and those belonging to Hyderabad-Karnataka (HK) Region. Seats are reserved for admissions in educational institutions for candidates who are ‘local persons’ for HK region as per Karnataka Government Order. Although there is no reservation for any other categories, this classification has been followed for COMEDK 2019 eligibility norms only:
- Category: Declaration once made in the COMEDK 2019 Application form with regard to the category status of General Merit (GM) / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Classes (OBC) / Minority and H-K Region shall not be changed subsequently under any circumstances. The candidates must fill the category status in the application form carefully.
- Certificates: The candidates who have claimed that they belong to the category such as (Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Other Backward Classes (OBC) of Karnataka must have a valid certificate at the time of COMEDK 2019 Counselling. If the certificates are not produced or not valid and if the candidates fall within 40% -45% criteria for lower eligibility, his/her rank will become invalid. He/She shall not be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
- Minority / Hyderabad- Karnataka status: The candidates must have a valid certificate who have claimed that they satisfy the Minority / Hyderabad- Karnataka status at the time of Counselling. If the certificates are not produced or not valid then such candidates will not be allowed to select a seat under the reservation claimed by them.
- Other Certificates: Certificates for Scheduled Caste (SC) /Scheduled Tribe (ST) /Other Backward Caste (OBC) /Minority and H-K Region, if applicable, must be obtained before the submission of Online Application.
- Original Documents: At the time of counselling if the candidate’s category certificate is different, then that candidate has to produce the Caste as well as Income certificate issued by the competent authority in original including the category certificate.
COMEDK 2019 Eligibility Criteria Based on Domicile:
If the candidate does not come into either of the below two categories, then that candidate will be selected as Non-Karnataka category.
- Karnataka Domicile: The candidate must be a citizen of India and must belong to Karnataka by birth/domicile. He/She must also have schooling for a minimum period of 7 academic years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th Standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Test is held. The candidate must have passed either SSLC / 10th Standard or 2nd PUC / 12th Standard or equivalent qualifying examination from Karnataka State.
- If any candidate who has studied more than one year to pass any class or standard, the academic study years will be counted as one year only.
- Other than Karnataka Domicile: The candidates who are Indian Citizens of Karnataka origin and have studied and passed both 1st and 2nd year PUC or 11th and 12th standard examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or recognized by the State Government. Either of the parents of the candidate must have studied in an educational institution of Karnataka for a minimum period of 7 years.
- The candidates who come under the above-given category have to produce certificates issued by the competent authority to show that they or their parent (Father / Mother) has been a resident of Karnataka State and study certificates against their claim at the time of counselling.