Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration Kolkata
Goenka College Kolkata is in the middle of Bowbazar and College Street crossing. A rich cultural legacy of a century has been enclosed within the cloisters of the college. Here, within its four high walls, there is the fragrance of memories of the bygone times. However, it was the time, when commercial studies stepped into the ever-widening horizon of new thoughts and knowledge. As time passed, Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration, Kolkata became the premier institution of teaching commerce in the city. So, in the year 1903, the director of public instruction of the Government of Bengal was introducing two years course in commercial studies in Presidency College. Hence, by leap and bound development of separate commercial institute in 1905. At the same time, many subjects underwent thorough revision because of which a number of subjects began to be taught here.
As the increase in popularity of classes, there was an increase in the admission too, hence a decrease in space. However, the spacious building of 285, Bowbazar Street served the purpose. As with the introduction of the new course of Banking, the shifting was necessary to 11, Hastings Street, then to 19, Wellesley Square and finally to Netaji Subhas Road by 1928. Along with the time, the college has been maintaining a steady progress. Furthermore, the college publishes its own magazine regularly. Also, many activities take place around this college.
Goenka College Kolkata Admissions
The Goenka College Kolkata Admissions can be found below:
Admission procedure for B. Com. (Hons) starts usually in the month of June. That is after the declaration of the results of the HS examination. The candidate intending to take the B.Com. (Honours) course must fulfill the following criteria:
- Minimum requirement of marks in 10+2 examination is compulsory for online application.
- Further, for the general category candidates aggregate of 75% along with 60% in the related subject.
- Moreover, only 67.50% in aggregate and 54% in the related subjects is the requirement for OBC-A and OBC-B West Bengal candidates.
- Lastly, the candidate belonging to SC/ ST of West Bengal need 56.25% in aggregate. Also, the requirement is 45% in the related subject.
Admission Criteria for M. Com
A Candidate intending to take the M.Com. course must fulfill the following criteria:
1. Passed the B.Com. (3 Yrs. Hons.) examination from the University of Calcutta.
2. Candidates must have passed in Honours/ Major course in commerce. Candidates who secure 1st class from other Universities are also eligible. Application for admission should be made by filling out the form available at the college website. Forms not properly filled in or submitted with false information shall be canceled.
Goenka College Kolkata Facilities
Although the college doesn’t have a hostel of its own, it has few seats in Eden Hindu Hostel. And, the hostel is available only to the boys of B. Com. (Honours) Course. Students who need hostel accommodations have to apply through the Principal to the Superintendent of the hostel in the prescribed form that is available from the hostel office.
Student’s Health Home
All the students of this college are members of Studen’s Health Home. Moreover, facilities like outdoor consultation, hospitalisation, operation, x-ray, pathological tests, medicines, spectacles, etc., are free of cost or at a concessional rate for the students.
Goenka College Kolkata Contact Details
- Address: 210, Bepin Behari Ganguly Street, Kolkata, India – 700012
- Telephone: 033 2241 2216
- Email: email@example.com