About Indian Institute of Management, IIM Bangalore
The Establishment of Indian Institute of Management, IIM Bangalore was in the year 1973. However, the IIM Bangalore is a leading graduate school of management in Asia. Under the IIM Act of 2017, IIMB is an Institute of National Importance. It is ranked among top 3 management Institute by NIRF, MHRD. It has the Accreditation from EQUIS. And also, has given rank number one in Indian ranking in management education ranking. Moreover, IIMB has around 109 full-time faculty members, more than 1200 students across various degree/diploma granting programmes. And also, nearly 5000 annual Executive Education participants.
Furthermore, The IIM Bangalore facilitates various Fellow Programme in Management (FPM). And also, the Postgraduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM). Together with that, the one year full-time Executive Postgraduate Programme in Management (EPGP) and the Postgraduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM). In addition to, the Postgraduate Programme in Management (PGP) is also available. Above all, IIMB offers the NS Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral (NSR Pre-doc) Fellowship programme with the aim to increase the social diversity of management academia in India. All these programmes are very highly rated and IIMB alumni occupy senior managerial and academic positions around the world.
Indian Institute of Management, IIM Bangalore Admissions
To get admission in IIM Bangalore, the candidate needs to go through the counselling procedure. And also, The University is most preferable for the high ranking candidates. Moreover, the candidate can also apply from online by filling online application form from the official website of IIM Bangalore.
Executive Postgraduate Programme in Management Admission Procedure:
The EPGP admission process starts with the submission of online application form.
- However, Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience after completion of graduation.
- A valid GMAT or GRE score.
And also, a Statement of Purpose (SOP) that enables the applicants to highlight their future goals and achievements.
- Two references, preferably one from the current employer or from an individual who is in a position to evaluate the applicant’s performance on the job.
After that, the applications are submitted, an IIMB faculty committee reviews all applications along with the Statement of Purpose and shortlists candidates based on various criteria. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview.
Above all, The interview panel will consist of two faculty members of IIMB and an IIMB alumnus. The interview panel will evaluate each candidate’s performance, on the basis of the quality of work experience, diversity, leadership qualities, social sensitivity.
The eligibility criteria for the IIM Bangalore:
- It is compulsory for all the applicants to score the minimum of 50% marks in a 3-year Bachelor Degree programme.
- Together with that, If applicants are doing Bachelor in Engineering or Technology will have to score a minimum of the 60% of marks.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to have a valid score in CAT/ GMAT. And also, have to score minimum cutoff marks to be eligible for Executive MBA in IIM Bangalore.
IIM Bangalore Facilities
Accommodation at IIMB consists of 10 hostel blocks, one executive block and the executive accommodation at the Management Development Center, popularly known as MDC. Together with that, they provide accommodation on campus in a well-appointed single room in the hostels. Moreover, 24/7 Internet connectivity, fully automatic washing machines, music room, and recreation room are standard features. Laundry and ironing services are also available. Above all, There is also a student-run library, music club and store in the hostel premises.
IIM Bangalore Contact Details
- Address: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India 560076.
- Telephone: +91-80-26582450 / 26993996.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org