About MOP Vaishnav College Chennai
Sri Vallabhacharya Vidya Sabha along with Dewan Bahadur M. O. Parthasarathy Iyengar Charities to establish MOP Vaishnav College Chennai in the year 1992. This institute is the result of the determination and efforts of two trusts. Both these trusts have prominent industrialists, administrators, and people who commit themselves for the cause of women’s education. From the time of its inception, this institute has been attracting and supporting women students by providing them higher education. In the beginning, it had 3 courses. Whereas now, it provides, 15 UG & 7 PG. It also has a research program.
The affiliation of this institute is with the University of Madras. Moreover, it has more than 3000 students. In fact, this is the youngest college in India for whom the University Grants Commission and the University of Madras granted autonomy. The university is evolving continuously into a University of International Reputation. Furthermore, it provides a unique learning experience. Also, it makes students realise their potential and helps in moulding their personality.
MOP Vaishnav College Chennai Admissions
For MOP Vaishnav College Chennai Admissions, the students need to meet the below mentioned criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA
- The candidate must have Bachelors Degree of the University of Madras or of any other University or a qualification recognized as equivalent.
- They should score a minimum of 40% (5% relaxation for SC/ ST) aggregate. Also, English as a subject is a must.
Eligibility Criteria for BA
- The candidates must pass 12th or High School Senior Secondary exam or any equivalent exam.
- They should have a minimum of 50% (5% relaxation for SC/ ST) aggregate. Also, English as a subject is a must.
Eligibility Criteria for BBA
- It is compulsory for the student to pass 12th or High School Senior Secondary exam in Commerce or any equivalent exam. The student must also have maths as a compulsory subject.
- A minimum of 50% (5% relaxation for SC/ ST) aggregate with English as a compulsory subject.
Eligibility Criteria for BCA
- Passing in 12th or High School Senior Secondary exam in any stream or any equivalent exam is a must. Also, maths must have been a compulsory subject.
- They should have secured a minimum of 50% (5% relaxation for SC/ ST) aggregate with English as a must subject.
MOP Vaishnav College Chennai Facilities
The library is the storehouse of information. Moreover, it provides a unique learning experience. Also, it strives helps the academic community to the best. In the span of 20 years, the library now has more than 28000 books. Another thing is, this college is a pioneer in automating the library. The library has a huge air-conditioned hall. There is also a digital library with 24 hours of wifi connectivity.
MOP Vaishnav College provides transport facility to the day scholars. It covers the entire city. Moreover, the institute has 12 buses of medium size.
The gym has modern equipment so that students stay fit. It also aids trainers and physiotherapists to guide the students and staffs.
Personality development and Communication Skills:
This cell helps the students to develop their personality. It also develops the communication of the students by conducting many activities and events.
MOP Vaishnav College Chennai Contact Details
- Address: Nungambakkam High Road, Chennai – 600 034, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Telephone: (044)2833 0262/ (044)2833 0507
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org