About Mount Carmel College Bangalore
Mount Carmel College, MCC Bangalore shifted from Trichur to Bengaluru, in the year 1948 as there was a demand for women’s education in the city. Initially, its affiliation was with Mysore University. Then, it became affiliated to Bangalore University. Basically, this Institution was primarily for Catholic students. However, in the spirit of service, it opens its arms to students of all castes. In the starting, there were only 52 students. Since 2005, the college is autonomous. Moreover, Mount Carmel College Bangalore offers many undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields like Management, Science, Humanities, etc. Today, it has the strength of 5,500 students pursuing UG and PG programmes.
The College has many research facilities and state of the art laboratories, that facilitates research culture for both staff and students. Also, for the undergraduate stream the college offers ten programmes in the arts, eighteen in the science and four in commerce and management. For over 6 decades, this college has been working successfully for women empowerment through education. Further, the college has been empowering students through value-based, quality, and integral education. Moreover, this college has been contributing to the transformation of society. It promotes inter-cultural and inter-religion harmony. Also, it facilitates leadership among students which enables them to involve in social liberation.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Admissions
The admission policy at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore gives special consideration to the differently abled students. It also considers the Catholic minority, economically backward, SC/ ST. However, the rest of the seats are allotted purely on merit.
The Mount Carmel College Bangalore Admissions Procedure is mentioned below:
- There will be the availability of the application form online.
- These applications are accepted only through online.
- The college has Payment Gateway and the payment must be through that.
- For UG candidates the application fee is 500 whereas for PG it is 700.
- Candidate must pay the fees on the day of admission.
- It is mandatory that the application includes a soft copy of applicant’s recent passport size photo and also a signature.
Criteria for Admission
- Admission for BCom is on the basis of merit.
- For BBA program the admission is on the basis of entrance examination.
- The admission for BCA is through walk-in interview after the announcement of 2nd PUC results.
- Even for BA and BSc, there will be walk-in interview after the results of 2nd PUC.
- For PG students the admission depends on merit.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Facilities
The college has 3 auditoriums on the campus. The diamond jubilee auditorium is the most beautiful one on the campus. It is also known as the Main Audi. The Audi can accommodate an audience of 1500. Other than this there are 2 other auditoriums with the capacity of 300 each.
Audio Visual Rooms
The AV rooms serve the purpose of multimedia-based learning. Also, more than 50% of the classrooms have audiovisual aids which enhances the learning-teaching experience.
Video Conference Rooms
The college has 2 video conference rooms. It has the latest equipment which gives the students and staffs the benefits of the latest communication technology.
The hostel has 2 buildings. It houses more than 200 students. Moreover, it has a tv room, a reading room, a gym, and also Wi-Fi facility.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Contact Details
- Address: No. 58, Palace Road, Bengaluru, India – 560052
- Telephone: +91 80 22261759
- Email: email@example.com