About Thakur College of Science and Commerce Mumbai
Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai was established with the notion of providing an avenue of learning and easing its reach to the young population. In the beginning, it had only 57 students for the first batch of commerce. It is due to the success of this college, commencement of the junior science stream, the degree college and then the postgraduate took place. Over the last two decades, the Thakur College Mumbai has seen the accomplished excellence in education. At present, the total strength of the college is over 7,000 students in the degree section. Also, the junior section has over 5,000 students. Consistently, the college has been attaining outstanding results.
The belief of the college is that innovation, passion, and the right technique makes learning effective and fun. Moreover, there are a number of feats and triumphs of their students in almost all the fields. Along with the state-of-art infrastructure and excellent faculty, the students fulfill their dreams and cultivate talents in many fields. In a short span, the college has set many achievements in every field. Further, it has a goal to get recognised internationally in the arena of education.
Importantly, the vision of the college is to provide world-class education and lead educational institutions. Moreover, Thakur College, Mumbai strives to achieve excellence through quality education. It also provides the right academic ambiance for an overall development of the students. The college imparts quality education through skills and knowledge in the area chosen by the students.
Thakur College of Science and Commerce Mumbai
The Thakur College Admissions differ depending on the level of the college. Below are two examples of the admissions criteria for Junior and Degree college in the science stream.
Admission & Eligibility – Junior College (Science)
- The college offers admission to following the declaration of result of S.S.C. examination by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. The admissions are strict as per the directions of the Department of Education.
- The eligible candidates are those, who pass the S.S.C. examination of Maharashtra Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, or equivalent.
- Also, the students will have to produce a provisional eligibility certificate. This certificate has to be issued by the Divisional Secretary, Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education.
- The eligible candidates have to apply in the form made available after the declaration of S.S.C. result.
- The strict admission schedule has to be followed as prescribed by the Deputy Director (Education), Dept. of Education, Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Students passing 10th from CBSE and ICSE Boards will be under consideration at par with those who have passed the S.S.C. examination of the State Board.
Admission & Eligibility – Degree College (Science)
- Admission starts only after the declaration of HSC exams
- Granting of admission is as per the statuses and regulation of the University of Mumbai.
- Eligible candidates are those who pass the HSC exam.
- All admissions are provisional and also it is subject to the approval of the University of Mumbai.
- However, students from other boards of universities must produce Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by the Registrar, University of Mumbai.
- For those students who come from other universities other than Mumbai university, they have to produce NOC from the principal of the last college.
Thakur College Mumbai Contact Details
- Address: Thakur Village, Kandivali (E), Mumbai, India – 400101
- Telephone: +91 2887 06 27/ +91 28462565
- Email: email@example.com